Time Clock Software is used by companies to keep the record of the working hours of their employees. There are dozens of Time Clock Software out there and almost all of them claims to be the best and it is not possible to try all of them. In this comprehensive guide, we will share the Best Free Time Clock Software. Let’s get into it.
CKZ Time Clock is one of the most popular Time Clock Software out there and it is basically a software for Windows. There is also an online version of the software available which you can use if you don’t like the Windows version. The free version of the app allows you to use the software for up to 30 days and after the trial period, you can go for the paid packages. The paid packages start at $49.95 and go up to $229.95.
The software comes with many useful features such as tracking and managing your employees, employee scheduling, time clock management, and task management. You also get customer support to solve any technical issues.
• Easy to setup & install
• Hourly Employee Tracking
• No matter if your business has 10 employees or 1000, it can easily handle them.
• Employee Scheduling
• Time clock management
• Good Customer Support
• Task Management
• Perfect for Small to large businesses.
ClockIt is another very popular time clock software. It is a cloud-based and you can access it using the web. It is also fully compatible with Kiosks, Slack and Bio-metric time and attendance machine. The software also has the mobile version and the app is available for both Android and IOS. The apps come with many useful features such as real-time tracking, photo capture, Geo-fencing, route planner, route assigning and track completion.
The software also comes with many unique features such as calculate working hours, break hours, etc, Timesheets, tracking employee vacation and generating reports. The software comes with 14 days of the trial period and after the trial period, you can go for paid packages. In packages, you can get the monthly and annual packages and basic package starts at $15 per month.
• Generates dynamic reports
• It comes with functions for Leaves, Vacations, and PTO
• The app comes with Geo-location and Geo-fencing.
• Shift planning and scheduling options.
• Manager Dashboards
• Easy to setup
• Perfect for small and medium-sized companies but not perfect for large companies.
Open Time Clock is a web-based Time Clock which comes with many useful features. The software is open source and you can use the basic version with the majority of the features but features like reporting, web camera functionality, reports and face recognition are only available in the paid version. You also miss the customer support and technical support in the free version.
The paid version is available for $25 per month and you can get it for a year with $275 annually. There is also a plan for 5 years where you can get for $1200.
• Free Technical Support for paid users
• 24/7 customer support with a phone call, live chat, email, ticket and remote desktop sharing options.
• Native app for multiple platforms including Android, IOS and Windows.
• Functionalities like Barcode/QR-code scanning, RFID swipe card, and NFC Tag.
• Plan Scheduling
• Web camera with face recognition
• Working hours tracking
• Data storage of 4 years of history
Time Clock Wizard is another very popular Time Clock software used by many companies including the Mercedes and T-Mobile. It is an online time clock and it is completely free to use. If you opt for free version then you will get all features available but only up to 3 users can use it. the free version is perfect for small startups. The paid packages start at $19.95 per month and go up to 129.95 per month. There are also annual plans available which are more affordable. Starting at $14.95 per month. You also get the 30 days trial period on all premium plans.
Time Clock Wizard is one of the best Time clock software out there and it comes with unique features such as employee scheduling by notifying them via email and text about the schedule changes. You also get the option to get the customized payroll generation, over time, and reporting. If you opt for premium packages, you also get the priority support and dedicated account manager who will help you solve your issues on a priority basis.
• Time Tracking from multiple devices
• Staff scheduling within just 10 minutes
• Payroll report, timesheet reports, PTO reports, schedule reports, and employee contact reports.
• A very useful mobile app which you can use to track your employees. The app is available for both Android and IOS.
• Features such as Photo Capture, Clockguard, Checkpoints, and location tracking.
• Task Management
• User Verification and offsite data protection
• Good Customer Support.
Tsheets is another Web-based Time Clock software which is perfect for all types of businesses. The software comes with many useful features as well as a dedicated Mobile App which is available for Android and IOS platforms. The app allows you to track, submit and approve employee time from anywhere.
The software comes with a free trial period which is only restricted to user. You can get the Small businesses package for $4 per month where you can have up o 99 users. The premium package is for an organization with more than 100 users and it is also available for $4 per month.
• Dedicated Mobile Apps with location tracking and Time tracking feature.
• Fully compatible with Quickbooks or payroll systems.
• Easy to set up and use
• Photo capture and face recognition features.
• Employee scheduling
• Automate the overtime rules, customize pay rates, etc.
• Business Insight.
These are the best Time clock software available in the market and you can pick them according to your requirements. Each software offers the trial period so you can use it and if it fits your requirement then you can proceed to the paid packages. However, if you are a small startup then you can stick to the software like Time Clock wizard which offer access to all of its functions and there is only one restriction of 3 users. If you have any question, please feel free to ask us in the comment section below. Also, visit our website for more useful guides.